Sunday, October 02, 2005

Blogging By Mail and WCB


I'm glad to see that lots of people are sending out and receiving their Blogging By Mail packages from this round. I got mine from Susann, a non-blogging (but we won't hold that against her) friend of Samantha's. Let me take this moment to mention that this round is almost over. We are waiting for the last of the packages to arrive, but there will be a roundup soon. You can take comfort from the fact that we will be announcing the next round - and accepting signups - in the near future. Keep your eyes out!
Susann put together a great package. In addition to a great mixed CD, she included some very addictive spiced pecans, two kinds of cookies and a whole cake! The peanut butter oatmeal cookies were soft and chewy and a nice balance between the two cookie types. I particularly liked that they had both raisins and chocolate chips in them - my favorite cookie additions. The other cookies were Earl Grey Tea cookies. Buttery and delicious. I think that the Spiced Wine Cake was my favorite thing, if I absolutely had to chose. Suprising, even to me, since I am normally a cookie kind of girl. It was moist, soft and fluffy with a wonderful wine flavor. It is no exaggeration to say that it was the perfect cake to have with my tea. And it shipped so well!
My favorite part may have been the cake, but Phoebe liked the kitty treats that Susann slipped into the package best. Thanks for thinking of her, Susann. And thanks for putting together such a great Blogging By Mail package.



And, of course, you can check out Phoebe's online cat buddies at Clare's Weekend Cat Blogging roundup.